At COSTEP, our job is to reach out and help students go to college. This is accomplished by initiating an aggressive outreach program designed to help students prepare and apply for college. We teach students the importance of repaying their college loans and the options available. It is said that knowledge is power and, in this case, knowledge is the key component in getting students to college.
COSTEP has an entire department of professionals dedicated to helping students, counselors and financial aid personnel. We publish brochures and collateral material that explain the process and answers literally hundreds of questions. We have invested tens of thousands of dollars in a dynamic, state-of-the-art website, enabling the user to search and retrieve valuable information quickly and efficiently. COSTEP has created booth displays, banners and more with the student in mind. We hold and sponsor seminars at the high school and college levels. We visit malls and other locations, and help students and parents obtain their Personal Identification Number (PIN) and prepare their FAFSA.
Mobile Educational Resource Vehicle
Want to find out more about what COSTEP is doing to take educational resources to the doorsteps of Texas cities and schools? Check out our MERV!
Industry Trade Associations & Foundations
Our staff lends support and expertise to industry trade associations and foundations including:
- Alamo Area Student Intervention Alliance (AASIA)
- Association of Texas Lenders for Education (ATLE)
- Closing the Gaps, State and Federal Campaign
- Education Finance Council (EFC)
- South Texas Academic Rising Scholars (STARS)
- National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA)
- National Council of Higher Education Loan Programs, Inc. (NCHELP)
- South Texas Higher Education Foundation (STHEF)
- Southwest Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (SWASFAA)
- Student Loan Servicing Alliance (SLSA)
- Early Awareness Initiative
- Teach America
- Texas Association of College Admission Counselors (TACAC)
- Texas Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (TASFAA)
- Texas Awareness Initiative (TAI)
- TG Lender & School Advisory Committees
- Valley Alliance of Mentors for Opportunities & Scholarships (VAMOS)
- TG Users Group (TUG)